The focus of the new Morrinsville museum will be on 5 central Morrinsville stories:
1. The Natural World. How our area was shaped and formed to enable the growth it has had.
2. The Maori Parliament. What it is, why was it so important and what effect it had on the local people.
3.The Kereone Soldier Settlement. The first of its kind in the commonwealth. Set up in 1916 for the first discharged soldiers in 1917. Stories of families even today who link back to the Soldier Settlement.
4. Dairying Industry. Its development and progress within the wider community.
5. Morrinsville Today. The development of the district. A pot-pouri of events and families which built and maintain the district.
Morrinsville Museum, 41 Canada Street, Morrinsville, Hamilton - Waikato, 3300, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- Museum open Tues - Fri 12:00pm - 4:00pm and the 1st Sat of the month 9:00am - 2:00pm.
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- Right in the middle. Very close to all amenities.
Precios y condiciones
- Otros cargos:
- By donation
- Más información sobre precios:
- Donations accepted