We depart the port and drive along Pilot Bay with great views across Tauranga harbour to the city, Matakana Island and Mount Maunganui, the iconic landmark of this area. See evidence of the early Maori settlements around the base of the mountain. We follow the coast along the famous Mount Ocean beach, site of many major surfing competitions and along the very affluent "Marine Parade" past millionaires homes. Then across the causeway to Tauranga, first settled by English missionaries in the 1830's. We pass the preserved "Elms Mission Station" and then out to a kiwifruit orchard to see the fruit growing. Then to a a viewpoint over the whole region before our trips final destination in the Heritage Building "the Cargo Shed" craft market.
Shore Trips and Tours, Jean Batten Drive, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, 3116, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 0900 to 1800
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- not applicable
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- Tour departs 20 metres from the Port of Tauranga Gate
Precios y condiciones
- Más información sobre precios:
- Full refund given if ship unable to enter port on the scheduled date.