The Southern Skies Star Gazing tour takes you on a journey of discovery to learn about the unique celestial features of the Southern sky, while also sharing stories and waiata (songs) about how Māori viewed the night sky.
The Otago peninsula coastline provides a clear and breath-taking view of the night sky, along with a magical backdrop of coastal bird calls echoing across Hoopers inlet. In the right conditions, this rural coastal area is a prime viewing location for the Southern Lights, Aurora Australis.
Enjoy Māori manaakitanga (hospitality) with a light supper and hot beverage. Sit back, relax and be enchanted.
Southern Skies Stargazing, 50 The Octagon, Dunedin, Dunedin, Dunedin - Coastal Otago, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- October - March tour departs at 6PM, April - September, tour departs at 8PM
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 25km's to Dunedin International Airport
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- Less than 2k
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- Starts in town, goes to Peninsula for viewing
Precios y condiciones
- Restricción de edad:
- Más información sobre precios:
- This is a weather dependent activity. If the tour is cancelled due to weather and the night sky is not visible, a full refund will be provided. Please wear flat soled, enclosed walking shoes due to uneven surfaces at the star gazing area. Dunedin is often a windy and sometimes a wet city, please dress appropriately