1 / 9
The Grade 5 Wairoa River is renowned for having some of the best white water action in New Zealand.
Kaituna Cascades run the whole of the river including the bottom three rapids and the lower waterfall!
Hold on for dear life as you tackle 'Mothers Nightmare' which has a technical grade 4 rock garden, closely followed by a tight 2 metre drop.
Experience the thrill of 'The Rollercoaster' - consisting of the aptly named 'Devils Cauldron' and the breathtaking 'Bottom Drop'.
Feel the rush of 'The Waterfall' which has an awesome 3 metre drop into a churning pool of white water through the Wairoa Rivers boulder-strewn rock canyon.
Topped off with a small lunch and refreshments at the river.
White Water Rafting Tauranga, New Zealand - The Grade 5 Wairoa River with Kaituna Cascades, 18 Okere Falls Road, Okere Falls, Rotorua, 3074, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Nov, Dec
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- The river is located just outside Tauranga on highway 29, 15 minutes from Tauranga or 50 minutes from Rotorua.
Precios y condiciones
- Restricción de edad:
- Más información sobre precios:
- Available 26 days per year, every Sunday during summer months, with some Spring and Autumn releases too. Two trips per day - 9.30am & 1pm, meeting at the river or Pickups available from Rotorua for the morning trip leaving at 8.30am. We provide the best guides on the river, custom built rafts, wetsuits, helmets, lifejackets, paddles, fleece tops, wetsuit booties and splash jackets.