Different from our sailing experience, you will enjoy epic stories of the region’s voyaging history and it’s Māori ancestors without leaving the harbour. Take a journey through time with our local storytellers while on board the waka.
- Meet and greet with host
- Traditional Māori welcome
- Stories about Aotearoa, (New Zealand’s), historic voyagers - from Māui and Kupe, to Kiwa, Paikea and Lieutenant James Cook
- Learn about the Tairāwhiti historic canoes and the immense navigational feats that led to the discovery of the Pacific Ocean Islands
- Explore our taonga, (treasure), the Waka Hourua ‘Tairāwhiti’
- Question time and photos before you depart the waka as a member of our whānau, (family).