1 / 4
Time: 0.5 hours
Type: Walking Track
Description: From Oaia Road, track descends through regenerating coastal forest to Lookout Track (20 minutes) then continues to Edwin Mitchelson Road. Spectacular views north up Muriwai Beach.
What to Expect: Walking tracks will:
- have easy to moderate grades with drained surfaces, generally consisting of a compacted and drained surfaces.
- be well sign-posted with directional signs at track entrances and junctions and have safety signs where required.
Walking tracks may:
- have steps on excessively steep areas.
- have timber boardwalks and bridges over permanent wet areas and waterways.
- have seats and maintained views at areas of interest.
Walking tracks should be suitable for people with reasonable fitness levels.
How to get to the Edwin Mitchelson Track: Follow State Highway 16 to Waimauku. Turn left into Muriwai Rd and continue to the park.
Have you got a great story to tell? Add your own article