1 / 2
1 / 5
Ulva’s Guided Walks specialise in small personal tours - we have a team of outstanding natural history and birdwatching guides that take great pleasure in showing visitors Ulva Island in a relaxed and easy manner!
Step into the abundantly lush native podocarp forest of Ulva Island to see our rare and endangered native and endemic birds and plant life. Birds that may be seen are South Island Saddleback, Tomtit, Rifleman, Stewart Island Robin, Brown Creeper, Tui, Kaka, Fantail, NZ Pigeon, Yellow and Red-crowned Kakariki, Bellbird & Yellowhead. After lunch head out to deep ocean to enjoy close encounters with albatross, shearwaters, petrels, terns & penguins. Duration 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Package includes marine transport, DOC concession + gst.
Birding Classic Full Day Bird Watching - Ulva Island, Stewart Island Gift Shop, 20 Main Road, Stewart Island, Oban, Stewart Island/rakiura, Southland, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am to 8pm (summer) and 9am to 7pm (winter) every day except Christmas Day
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 650 metres from Stewart Island Flights depot on Elgin Terrace
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- not applicable
- Proximity to town:
- 900 metres
Pricing and Conditions
- Further pricing information:
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel any part of the tour due if minimum numbers are not met or unsuitable sea/weather conditions. Birding Classic and Birding Bonanza excursions are NOT suitable for children.