1 / 2
1 / 5
Ulva’s Guided Walks specialise in small personal tours. Our team of outstanding natural history and birdwatching guides take great pleasure in sharing their knowledge of flora and fauna, bird and wildlife expertise with visitors.
8.30am depart by water taxi to Ulva Island to explore lush native podocarp forest of Ulva Island to see rare and endangered native and endemic birds and plant life. Birds that may be seen are South Island Saddleback, Tomtit, Rifleman, Stewart Island Robin, Brown Creeper, Tui, Kaka, Fantail, NZ Pigeon, Yellow and Red-crowned Kakariki, Bellbird & Yellowhead.
At lunchtime board a deep ocean seabird watching boat excursion for close encounters with albatross, shearwaters, petrels & penguins.
FULL DAY 8.30am to 4.30
Birding Classic Full Day Bird Watching - Ulva Island & seabird watching boat excursion, Stewart Island Gift Shop, 20 Main Road, Stewart Island, Oban, Stewart Island/rakiura, Southland, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am to 8pm (Oct-Apr) and 1pm to 4pm (May-Sept) by phone or email. Booking office open September to April 10.30am to 5pm daily located at The Stewart Island Gift Shop, 20 Main Road, Stewart Island
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 650 metres from Stewart Island Flights depot on Elgin Terrace
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- not applicable
- Proximity to town:
- 900 metres
Pricing and Conditions
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- Whilst our walks are gentle, there are steps and beach walking involved on Ulva Island and steps up/down between the wharf and boat – clients need to be physically agile and able to do this unassisted. We reserve the right to amend or cancel any part of the tour. Birding Classic and Birding Bonanza excursions are NOT suitable for children. Outdoor activities take place in a dynamic, natural environment that can be challenging as well as rewarding - clients should be prepared for all weather.