1 / 3
Geraldine is full of it ......... history.
Why choose me to guide you? Because I have New Zealand history in my blood. My GGG Grandfather was the first appointed Governor. I am University trained in Anthropology.
Our 2-3 hour walking trip covers both the business area and Talbot Forest. We talk about a lot. ........ Maori history and culture, colonial history, flora, fauna and architecture and past identities.
We have coffee together (at my expense).
Perhaps hiking is your passion - one day or overnight trips can be arranged to suit you.
Or you may like a self drive guided tour to Peel Forest, Mesopotamia, Lord of The Rings country or closer to Geraldine. Let me join you with on the spot knowledge and a ready made lunch.
Geraldine Tales and Trails, 66 McKenzie Street, Geraldine, Geraldine, Christchurch - Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Sunlight until dark
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 15km to Timaru Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 10 metres
- Proximity to town:
- Meeting Point: Mundells Information Centre, Geraldine
Pricing and Conditions
(10 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Hiking, Self Driven Tours (please enquire for pricing)
- Further pricing information:
- Hiking: Strong footwear required and appropriate clothing. Hut Fees may be payable. Back packs are available. Food supplied. Heritage Walk: comfortable footwear advisable Accommodation may be available at 'Oldfields' BnB in Geraldine if required.