1 / 10
Doubtful Sound is quite simply awesome on a scale you won't believe. With two departures daily during the summer cruise across Lake Manapouri, New Zealand's second deepest lake, by ferry then by coach cross the Southern Alps over the Wilmot Pass into Doubtful Sound.
The isolation of this place makes the fiord a very unique place few people get to experience. In Doubtful Sound we spend 3 hours exploring the full length of the fiord to the Tasman Sea.
Doubtful Sound is also home to unique birds, seals and on occasion dolphins, whales and the very rare Fiordland Crested Penguin visit the sound providing privileged photo opportunities.
Trip departs Manapouri with connections from Queenstown and Te Anau. Please ensure you know where to go!
Go Orange - Day Cruise Doubtful Sound , 35 Shotover Street, Central Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 6:30am - 8pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 2 hours from Queenstown or Invercargill airport
- Proximity to town:
- 30 minutes from Te Anau - Free transfers available by coach. 2 hours from Queenstown $14 return transfers available
Pricing and Conditions
|High season||Low season|
|(Nov - Apr)||(Sep - Oct)|
|Adult||$230.00 - $269.00||$199.00|
(14 year(s) and under)
|$115.00 - $129.00||$99.00|
- Other charges:
- Lunch options available at additional cost $25pp
- Further pricing information:
- Low season rates available in September/October. Save $25pp on our early bird 7:15am departure (Dec-Feb). Coach connections available from Queenstown or free transfers available from Te Anau & Manapouri