1 / 12
Our unique hostel has been welcoming travellers since 1980. Your parents might have stayed here and we still cater for the budget traveller in a traditional style.
Stay in our cosy farmhouse, on our tranquil camping ground with stargazers, huts, and tent sites, in our separate, purpose-built van park (for smaller backpacker vans), or in our Tonga Hut for a little extra privacy.
Enjoy our beautiful walks on 430 hectares with stunning coastal farm and bush scenery and wonderful birdlife - far away from traffic noise. For the even more adventurous, we run our own dolphin swimming and kayak trips.
We are right at the end of the road, 6 kms from the idyllic town of Akaroa. Come to relax, recharge, and reconnect with nature. Everyone welcome!
Onuku Farm Hostel , 89 Hamiltons Road, Onuku, Akaroa, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7520, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am-9pm, 7 days
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Children Welcome
- Proximity to airport:
- 90km from Christchurch International Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 6km from local coach terminal
- Proximity to town:
- 6km from Akaroa
Pricing and Conditions
|Per night||$15.00 - $40.00|
- Further pricing information:
- - Dolphin swimming (small groups) from $130 pp and kayaking $40 pp. - Free pick up on request from Akaroa at 1.30 pm - Cash and Credit Cards accepted - Closed for winter between May and September