1 / 6
The forest changes when the sun sets! This is when Kiwi come out to forage, giving you a chance to hear or even see wild Kiwi in their natural habitat. You may hear the evening chorus of Weka and the cry of the Ruru, a native owl. This is also when shy insects emerge from their shelters, like the large, primitive New Zealand weta. And glow-worms light up.
Our Night Walks are in a private Forest and Kiwi Conservation Area only 2.5 km from the historic village of Russell, in the beautiful Bay of Islands. This is one of the last habitats of two rare birds - kiwi and weka.
We specialise in small groups (maximum of 6). Walks last 2 hours and suit most fitness levels. Every ticket sold contributes to our Conservation Project.
Russell Nature Walks - Night Walk, 6080 Russell Whakapara Road, Russell, Northland, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Walks begin at Sunset (contact us to confirm the time)
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 30km to Bay of Islands airport, Kerikeri
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 10 minute ferry trip to Paihia
- Proximity to town:
- 2.5km from the centre of Russell village.
Pricing and Conditions
(16 year(s) and under)
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- We can arrange transport for an additional charge.
- Further pricing information:
- Family (2 adults + 2 Children): $150. 10% discount for bookings of 4 or more adults.