After the Rangiriri battle, this redoubt was built nearby to house a British garrison. It is named after Wiremu Te Wheoro, who occupied it on behalf of the government in 1868-9 during the Te Kooti campaigns. Outside viewing is available at all times.
Visit our website
Te Wheoro's Redoubt,
Talbot Street, off Rangiriri Road, Rangiriri, Hamilton - Waikato,
The content on this page was created by Te Wheoro's Redoubt