Your White Island Volcano Adventure takes you to the edge and into a continuously active marine volcano, a living breathing geological giant where you will experience the power of nature in its untouched form.
Your view from high above takes in towering steam columns, bold landforms and intricate textures, making for an awesome spectacle. Drifting down & passing slowly along the crater rim you sense the energy of each billowing crater & steaming vent. Close up, rich colours accentuate the rare environment of extreme beauty & raw energy.
Landing on the crater floor provides the opportunity to take our one hour guided walk amongst the scene from the dawn of time.
White Island Volcano Adventure, Frontier Helicopters Office, 186 Aerodrome road, Whakatane Airport, Whakatane , Whakatane, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 7am - 6pm (Closed Christmas Day)
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Suitated at the Whakatane Airport
- Proximity to town:
- 5km to Whakatane
Pricing and Conditions
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- Please contact us directly if your weight exceeds 120kg as an extra seat fare maybe applied
- Further pricing information:
- * White Island Volcano Adventures are operated by Frontier Helicopters Ltd * All flights depart from the Frontier Helicopters Hangar located at 216 Aerodrome Road, Whakatane Airport, Whakatane 3191. * Tour prices are in NZD and include GST. * Rates are correct at time of booking but maybe subject to change without notice. * All flights operates with a minimum of 2 passengers. * All White Island Volcano Adventure tours are subject acceptable weather, volcanic conditions aircraft availability