1 / 8
As well as cycling the 150km trail, you'll also explore the old gold mining towns of St Bathan's and Macrae’s Flat. With an extra leisure day included, try the ancient sport of curling in Naseby, play an optional game of golf, visit Clachanburn Gardens, a Garden of National Significance (with an optional extra bike ride through it). Visit Hayes Engineering Works, A special highlight is a tour of a high country farm - guided by the 3rd/4th generation Duncan family.
You'll meet the people as we cycle through each community; learn about the rich history of the area, and more than likely fall in love with 'central'. During the days cycle your friendly guide and vehicle are there to support you during the ride.
Otago Rail Trail Relaxed 6 day tour - PureTrails NZ, 11a Langstone Lane, Northcote, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8052, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am - 6pm 7 days
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch airport
- Proximity to town:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch city centre
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Optional bike hire $190; ebike hire $450, single supplement $350
- Further pricing information:
- Bookings will be confirmed and held on receipt of a deposit by PureTrails New Zealand. Payment in full must be received in full at least 60 days prior to departure.