1 / 5
Famous for its bubbling mud pools and fantastic cultural experiences, Rotorua has a vast menu of activities and adventure on offer for the whole family to enjoy.
Recently awarded Tripadvisor’s Travelers' Choice Award for 2015 top destination, an award that is bestowed on the top 1% from millions of travelers' reviews, there is a reason so many people are raving about Rotorua, so come and see what everyone is talking about!
Adventure – Rotorua is known for its adrenalin pumping activities.
• Skyline Rotorua Gondola & Luge is always a favourite with families. Take the Gondola up for awesome views out over picturesque Lake Rotorua and then race down the mountain on the Luge track. With three tracks to choose from, Luging is a blast for the whole family, young and old.
• Roll around (literally) laughing in the Zorb, an iconic Rotorua adventure where anyone from 6 years old can climb into a huge inflatable Zorb and roll downhill and become an official ‘Zorbonaut’.
• Fly through native forest on the Rotorua Canopy Tours where you get to explore nature, keep an eye out for native birds and enjoy the thrills of zip lining, swing bridges and treetop platforms.
• Tackle the rapids and enjoy a Whitewater rafting trip down the Tongariro River. There are options suitable for everyone, from gentle scenic trips to the more full on and exhilarating adventures.
• Rotorua is a world class Mountain biking destination, with the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA) awarding Rotorua with their most prestigious gold-level ride centre status. With awesome rides and trails through forests, down mountains and alongside streams to enjoy, there are rides for all levels of experience and fitness.
Family Fun - Soak in all the spectacular sights nature has to offer.
• Go exploring on a duck! Rotorua Duck Tours is a fun and unique way to see and learn about Rotorua by land and water. Your fully guided tour will take you to see the beautiful lakes of the area, geothermal wonders and all the stunning sights Rotorua has to offer. The tours are suitable for all ages and fun for the whole family.
• Discover Rainbow Springs, a truly special attraction. Here you can discover New Zealand’s native forest and wildlife, ride the Big Splash, see a spectacular bird show and take in a kiwi encounter. Your ticket is valid for repeat entry for the day of the purchase so you can come back at night to listen to the bird calls and to watch the kiwi come out to play.
• Paradise Valley Springs is a stunning wildlife park set amongst beautiful native New Zealand bush. Here visitors of all ages can interact closely with a variety of New Zealand’s wild animals, native birds, farm animals and trout. You can also view and get up close to a large pride of African Lions, and hand feed animals that are found wild around the country such as Deer, Goats, and Wallabies. Paradise Valley is a great spot that all ages will enjoy.
• Relax and soak in the hot mineral pools at Polynesian spa. There are adults only areas, private pools and a family spa. You can choose a spot that best suits your needs or you can get a bathing combo deal if you want to mix it up. Whatever you choose, there is no doubt you will leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
Cultural & Geothermal Wonders – Indulge yourself in all of Rotorua’s cultural and Geothermal delights that it is famous for.
• Kuirau Park is New Zealand’s only geothermal public park in the heart of Rotorua. Stroll around the park and discover bubbling mud pools and steaming geothermal activity that is all free to enjoy.
• Te Puia Maori Cultural Centre is situated in the Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley and is the ideal place to experience New Zealand Maori culture as well as see the famous Pohutu Geyser and more than 500 natural geothermal wonders. You can wander around on your own or take a guided tour to learn more about the vibrant culture and hear about the fantastic myths and legends.
• Hells Gate – is like a ‘one stop shop’ of all the fantastic experiences you hope to enjoy when you visit Rotorua. You experience the earth’s amazing power through the vast geothermal activity, enjoy the great stories told about Hells Gate and learn more about the culture, soak in the revitalizing spa, take a mud bath or even have a go at traditional Maori carving.
It doesn’t matter if you are a new visitor or someone who has been to Rotorua numerous times before, there is always something to see and a new experience to try, so come along and get ready to create your own memories of a lifetime.
Bachcare is New Zealand's leading holiday home rental management company, with the largest range of pre-serviced holiday homes available for rent. Book instantly online with our real-time availability!
Você tem uma história incrível para contar? Adicionar seu próprio artigo