1 / 2
Queenstown New Zealand is a brilliant starting point if you want to experience New Zealand at its best, and it’s also a great beginning for passionate Lord of the Rings fans.
Fly one way into Queenstown and book yourself on a local LOTR tour before hiring a rental car to wind your way up the South Island visiting other LOTR locations along the way; then cross over the Cook Strait on the car ferry to check out LOTR sites in the North Island. Many of these locations offer local tour guides and LOTR activities you can do while you’re there (horse treks, helicopter flights, and jet-boat excursions).
1. Queenstown LOTR sites*: Pillars of the Kings, Ford of Bruinen, Dimrill Dale, River Anduin
2. Glenorchy LOTR sites* : Amon Hen, Ithilien, Isengard, Lothlorien, Misty Mountains
3. Te Anau LOTR sites : Fangorn Forest, edge of Rivendell
4. Wanaka LOTR sites: South of Rivendell, Misty Mountains
5. Mt Cook LOTR sites: Edoras, Erewhon, Pelennor Fields
6. Nelson LOTR sites: Dimrill Dale, South of Rivendell. Nelson also boasts being home to the creator of the “One Ring”
7. Blenheim LOTR sites: Film sets available for viewing at Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre
8. Wellington LOTR sites: Isengard, Rivendell, and the WETA workshop. Visit the WETA Cave to pay homage to movie memorabilia
9. Waitomo Caves The Hobbit sites: Staddle farm, Trollshaw forest
10. Matamata LOTR sites: The Shire – Hobbiton
*Pure Glenorchy Lord of the Rings Scenic Tours departs Queenstown twice daily to travel the Glenorchy road to Paradise. Give us a call; we’d love to show you around.
#Pure Glenorchy Tours was recently awarded Trip Advisor’s 2016 Certificate of Excellence, we were blown away to find ourselves number one LOTR tour in Queenstown, and would like to credit our lovely local drivers and some awesome customers from around the world. Thanks everyone!
Você tem uma história incrível para contar? Adicionar seu próprio artigo