Monday evening Kiwi spotting.
Search for Stewart Island Brown Kiwi (Tokoeka) in its natural environment.
- operates at night, duration 2-4 hours.
- terrain includes muddy tracks, native bush, sand and some gradients.
- torch & walking poles available.
- includes courtesy drop off to Stewart Island accommodation after tour.
Tuesday full day bird watching 8.30am-4.30pm
- water taxi to Ulva Island.
- explore Ulva Island podocarp forest to see rare and endangered bird and plant life. Birds that can be seen: Sth Island Saddleback, Tomtit, Rifleman, Stewart Isl. Robin, Brown Creeper, Tui, Kaka, Yellow & Red-crowned Kakariki, Mohoua & more.
At lunchtime board seabird watching boat for encounters with albatross, penguin, shearwaters & petrels.