A giant 100,000 year old Kauri tree has been exposed for viewing & is part of a vast forest buried beneath Gumdiggers Park. Information spots and an audio visual show describe the cataclysmic events which could have caused this destruction. Studies by international scientists on the kauri timber are described, depicting past and future global weather patterns.
The site includes an authentic preserved 100 year old gum field, recreated gum diggers village with huts made in the traditional way from jute sacks. Original equipment can be found along our discovery trail as well as a gecko house with rare Northland Geckos. Unique Kauri Wood, Kauri Gum and NZ Amber crafts are available along with other NZ themed gifts. All this and alot more.
Gumdiggers Park, 171 Heath Road, Waiharara , Awanui, Northland, 0486, New Zealand.
Horários de abertura
- 'Summer 9am-5pm closed winter
- Meses de funcionamento
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Instalações e recursos
- Proximidade do aeroporto:
- Approx. 15 mins to Kaitaia Airport
- Proximidade do terminal de ônibus:
- Approx. 20kms from Kaitaia
- Proximidade da cidade:
- Approx. 20kms from Kaitaia. Approx. 30 min drive
Preços e condições
- Outros encargos:
- Family 2 Adults & 2 or more Children $30.00
- Informações de preço adicionais:
- 10% discount if Tourism NZ or PureNZ Website mentioned at time of entry