Discover the hidden nature of Northland (Te Tai Tokerau) with its
wealth of untold stories and a culture deeply rooted in nature.
Travel to Hokianga , the arrival point of Kupe the voyager from
Hawaiki on the west coast. Your local Māori guide will take you into
the ancient forest to see the oldest and most sacred living kauri tree in NZ. Through waiata (song) and interpretation discover
why Māori believe that this mighty giant is Tane Mahuta, the Lord
of the Forest.
Spend some time in the seaside village of Opononi before settling
back as we follow the historical trading trail. End your day at the
Kawiti family glow worm caves where the lights of glow worms will
surround you amongst amazing stalactites and stalagmites.
Hokianga & Tane Mahuta Day Tour - Fullers GreatSights , Maritime Building, Paihia Wharf, Paihia, Northland, 0247, New Zealand.
Horários de abertura
- Tours depart daily at 8am from Paihia
- Meses de funcionamento
- Todos os meses do ano
Instalações e recursos
- Proximidade do aeroporto:
- Paihia is approximately 30mins from the Kerikeri airport
- Proximidade do terminal de ônibus:
- InterCity and GreatSights coaches depart from the Maritime Building
- Proximidade da cidade:
- We are based at the large Maritime Building on Paihia Wharf
Preços e condições
(Até 12 anos)
- Outros encargos:
- Informações de preço adicionais:
- See our website for full details