1 / 2
1 / 5
In Whakatāne, New Zealand’s longest continually occupied settlement and gateway to Whakaari (White Island), you will find the revered Mataatua Wharenui: a fully carved Māori ancestral house that travelled the world for over a century, before returning home to its people – the Ngāti Awa Māori tribe of the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
An alternative to other more commercial cultural omore commercial cultural options available in the larger centres, Mataatua is a remarkably personal encounter defined by a rich and genuine insight into a fascinating culture, the legendary story of the house that came home and the warmth of welcome as visitors arrive and strangers, but leave as friends.
Become part of the legend. Visit Mataatua today.
Know Mataatua Cultural Immersion Experience, 1 Mataatua St, Whakatane, Bay of Plenty, 3158, New Zealand.
Horários de abertura
- Seasonal hours - Summer 9 am - 4 pm (November - March).
- Meses de funcionamento
- Todos os meses do ano
Instalações e recursos
- Proximidade do aeroporto:
- 25 mins from Whakatane airport to central business district.
- Proximidade do terminal de ônibus:
- 10 minutes from Whakatane I-site.
- Proximidade da cidade:
- Located in the central business district of Whakatane.
Preços e condições
(Até 16 anos)