1 / 2
Stargazing tours offered for casual visitors and house guests last about 1 1/2 hours and provide and excellent introduction to our beautiful southern night sky from our dark sky site.
Visitors start on our viewing deck and first learn to identify several constellations and bright stars using the bright green laser pointer. They then move into the rotating dome with the research grade 14" Celestron CGE Pro telescope to view, planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies and the moon in detail.
Children can operate the rotating dome and learn how stars are born and die. Hold meteorites older than the earth, examine dinosaur fossils and mineral specimens. Hear Morepork owls and maybe Kiwis calling. Special daytime tours are available to view sunspots.
Stargazers Astronomy Tours, 392 SH 25, Kuaotunu, Whitianga, Coromandel, 3592, New Zealand.
Horários de abertura
- All clear evenings or clear daytime for solar tours
- Meses de funcionamento
- Todos os meses do ano
Instalações e recursos
- Proximidade da cidade:
- 15 minutes north of Whitianga; 40 minutes from Coromandel town.
Preços e condições
- Outros encargos:
- Children at reduced rate. Family rate available
- Informações de preço adicionais:
- Tours weather dependent...call early evening for details.
Suporte a idiomas