1 / 4
The Waitomo Caves Discovery Centre hosts one of the best special interest museums in New Zealand and possibly one of the best cave interpretation centres in the world.
This must-see award-winning centre explores the above and below ground treasures of Waitomo by describing the geology, the development of caves, cave life, and limestone (karst) landscapes, as well as how caves are explored and local culture and history through modern and informative displays. There are hands on activities and a cave crawl for the adventurous.
The centre features a 20 minute multi-media show Arachnocampa Luminosa, another must-see experience for cave visitors that describes the life-cycle of the New Zealand glowworm.
Waitomo Museum of Caves, 21 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves, Hamilton - Waikato, 3943, New Zealand.
Horários de abertura
- 7 days a week. 26 Dec 2017 - 14 Jan 2018: 8:30am - 6:45pm. 15 Jan 2018 - 25 Feb 2018: 8:30am - 6pm. 26 Feb 2018 - 2 Apr 2018: 8:45am - 5:30pm. 3 Apr 2018 - 19 Oct 2018: 8:45am - 5pm.
- Meses de funcionamento
- Todos os meses do ano
Instalações e recursos
- Proximidade do aeroporto:
- 1 hour from Hamilton Airport
- Proximidade do terminal de ônibus:
- Directly across the road
- Proximidade da cidade:
- Centre of Waitomo Caves village
Preços e condições
|Adulto||$0.00 - $5.00|
- Outros encargos:
- Free or discounted in conjunction with many cave tours. Call us to find out more!
- Informações de preço adicionais:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. NZ schools rate $3.00 per head