1 / 9
The history of the cannabis plant in New Zealand stretches back to the times of the earliest colonists and is full of many interesting and notable stories.
Cannabis was grown in New Zealand as an industrial and medical commodity until it was prohibited in the middle of the 20th century and it remains highly illegal to this day. Yet despite this prohibition, New Zealand has one of the highest rates of cannabis use of any western country.
The New Zealanders involved with this plant over the years have included some of New Zealand's best and brightest as well as many other colourful characters. Come learn the stories behind New Zealand's cannabis culture at this one of a kind museum.
Bitcoin & the SilkRoad
Cannabis & Cricket
Whakamana Cannabis Museum, 66 David Street, Caversham, Dunedin, Dunedin - Coastal Otago, New Zealand.
Horários de abertura
- 10am - 4pm
- Meses de funcionamento
- Todos os meses do ano
Instalações e recursos
- Proximidade do aeroporto:
- 15 minutes by car to airport
- Proximidade do terminal de ônibus:
- 5 minutes by car, public bus stop right outside
- Proximidade da cidade:
- 5 minutes by car to town
Preços e condições
- Informações de preço adicionais:
- Continually changing exhibits highlight aspects of the history and science of cannabis and New Zealand's cannabis culture. Past exhibits have included, "The History of Cannabis Protest at Otago University", "Hit for Six: The Story of Cannabis and Cricket", and "Bitcoin and the SilkRoad". Free basic tours, with longer more in-depth custom tours available. Accommodation, media production studio and lounge facilities available on-site. Available for private functions including use of spa pool.