Queenstown is an epic destination and an absolute must for any Australian skier or snowboarder. It's the destination with so much to do and see, that you will have to make sure you fit in plenty of skiing and boarding!
Here are the top 10 reasons to visit Queenstown for a ski holiday in 2015:
1. Proximity - only a few hours from Sydney or Melbourne, a direct flight into Queenstown plus a taxi or shuttle will have you in your hotel within 4 hours of taking off from Australia. That's quicker than driving from Sydney to Thredbo! Book early - the direct flights are popular!
2. Spoilt for Choice - Choose your mountain each morning - Coronet Peak and Remarkables are the two closest to Queenstown, or Cardrona and Treble Cone, which are a little further to travel but worth the extra effort. If you hear 'Powder Day' - get up early and go to Treble Cone.
3. Fergberger. Go there. You will then understand. Or check out this article at Wanderlusters
4. Lake Wakatipu - its big and its scenic. Queenstown is set on the shores of Lake Wakatipu, which is surrounded by snow covered mountain ranges. Definitely a lovely sight to wake up to from your Lakeview Hotel Room!
5. Bungeeeeee!!! Get some adrenalin into you with activities such as bungee jumping, canyon swing, jetboating, sky diving and more. Just wander down the main street in town to see what's on offer and get inspired.
6. It's closer than Japan or Canada, and you don't have to wait until December to get your next international snow holiday!
7. Queenstown Accommodation - there is something for everyone, from the $30/night backpackers to 5 star luxury with all the trimmings. Also, staying in a town means you do not pay the premium prices that one snow accommodation normally attracts, so the value for money is pretty good. Plus if you book early, there is plenty of awesome earlybird ski deals available!
8. Milford Sound - you can visit it for a day trip from Queenstown and tick it off your bucket list. Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of New Zealand. Oh yeah - if you like Hobbit's then you will right at home too!
9. Wine - the Otago region is well known for it's wine, and if you fancy a day off from tearing up the slopes, why not have a little tour of some wineries. You are sure to be able to sample some lovely local produce as well.
10. Did we mention the awesome skiing and snowboarding?
Book Your 2015 Queenstown ski holiday over at Ski Travel Company now!