1 / 2
Glentanner Park Centre is the holiday park, flightseeing and activity centre for the Aoraki Mount Cook region. We are located at the head of Lake Pukaki and just 18km from Aoraki Mount Cook National Park. Glentanner has unlimited Tent Sites, 60 Powered Campervan Sites, 5 Self Contained Cabins and 9 Budget Cabins.
I’ve put together a list of Top 5 reasons to go camping with the stars at Glentanner.
- Mackenzie Country Night Sky - and now a Dark Sky Reserve*
- Scenic Walks and Hiking amongst New Zealand’s highest peaks
- Enjoy a kiwi style BBQ in our fantastic
- Glentanner is the best place to view the famous Mount Cook sunset
- Choose from a great range of outdoor activities, from Helicopter flights with snow landings to horse trekking on a high country sheep station.
* The Aoraki Mount Cook Mackenzie region has been officially made a gold-rated Dark Sky Reserve due to it's almost light-pollution-free skies. Extensive testing has proven the region to have the darkest and most spectacular night skies in NZ, with a high number of clear nights.
Glentanner is part of the 4300sqm that makes up the reserve. The image with this article was taken by a Glentanner guest. What more could you ask for from a Tent View??
For more information on New Zealand’s most scenic camping spot please visit our website
Have you got a great story to tell? Add your own article