1 / 3
Mangawhai Heads is a stunning area lauded for its "clifftop" walk, huge sand dunes, untamed surf beach or calm clear estuary and family-friendly fun.
Whether it's a weekend or a week, there is plenty to keep you busy in this area, located only 1.5 hrs from Auckland on the coast.
- Enjoy the tranquility of the cliff top walk with breathtaking views from Bream Head to Coromandel.
- Take a fishing/diving charter on RnR charter or Ridgeback charter boats.
- How about a round of golf on the meticulously maintained & highly regarded all weather course?
- Sample some delectable delights at the lively Saturday morning market in the village & visit the op shop for plenty of bargains.
- Bennetts chocolate shop & cafe is a must for mouth-watering goodies.
- Smashed Pipi gallery is worth a visit if you love unique artworks.
- Enjoy a pleaseant dining experince at on of our many restaurants and cafes.
Hundreds of people flock to participate in the annual Mangawhai Walking weekend & Art trail & Food & wine festival..
Commencing on Friday afternoon with the amazing Troubador Trail - featuring top class entertainment at various stops along the jaunt, gives the opportunity to participate and enjoy some of the many and varied spectacular walks this community provides, along with the presentation of some stunning art works from very talented artists.
You can get all your requirements in the village style shopping areas with the Heads shopping precinct providing service station, fully stocked four square, bakery, fishing & tackle, chemist, book/ stationery, video hire, hair & beauty salons, bakery and various restaurants and takeaways.
Mangawhai Village shops have Foursquare, surf shop, bakery, butchery, St Johns op shop, service station, art gallery and restaurants.
So plan a trip to the magic that is Mangawhai.
Breath-taking views of a stunning lagoon-style harbour and dunes. Mangawhai Heads Holiday Park offers a peaceful, relaxing holiday on a pristine white sandy beach, 90 minutes North of Auckland on the Twin Coast Discovery Highway.