1 / 14
Adventure Horse Trekking NZ have purpose bred forward moving, quiet surefooted horses to carry you over the breath taking snow capped mountains, isolated high country stations, glacial fed rivers and lakes. These time-worn trails were utilised by Maori hunting parties, pioneers and gold miners’ when Aotearoa was first settled.
Accommodation is in 100 year old musters huts, shearers’ quarters, historic cottages or the oldest and most haunted NZ hotel. After a day in the saddle, look forward to locally sourced farm fresh produce Mount Harris Venison, High Country Salmon, Waimate strawberries, freshly picked apricots. You could be forgiven for thinking you were an actor in "the Lord of the Rings!"
Adventure Horse Trekking NZ Limited, 562 Pentland Hills Road Waimate, Waimate, Christchurch - Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 7am to 7pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- transportation is provided on most trails from Queenstown airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- depends on the trail booked please ring to discuss (0064) 03 689 2838
- Proximity to town:
- Differs with each individual trail, please contact us to discuss (0064) 03 689 2838
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$100.00 - $5,600.00|
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- a 20% non refundable deposit is required at the time of booking