1 / 9
Arion Farm Education Park is a unique facility run by the National Trade Academy at McLeans Island, Christchurch where visitors can see, touch and hand feed animals in a natural environment. The park is an affordable fun and educational holiday option. Pony rides are available and a picnic / BBQ and play area with shelter and shade is available.
The farm focuses solely on New Zealand farm animals and farming heritage. Visitors learn about breeds, handling and care of animals, the farming industry and its contribution to the economy. Arion Farm Education Park is an ideal venue for hosting children’s parties, family get-togethers or just for a fun day for all the family.
Arion Farm Education Park, 890 McLeans Island Road, Harewood, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8051, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Open daily 10.00am - 3.00pm except Christmas Day
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 10km from Christchurch International Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Proximity to town:
- 10km from Christchurch
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Feed bags $2.00 each, Pony Rides $4.00 each
- Further pricing information:
- Under 2 year olds free, Pony rides for little kids on small ponies, big kids and adults by arrangement