1 / 11
The South Island’s West Coast is characterised by driftwood strewn beaches, tropical lush nikau forests, and misty beech forest dotted with eerie still lakes. Enjoy up to 170km of biking over 5 days, featuring a range of coastal, nikau, and beech forest rides. As well as the biking, explore the gold mining town of Reefton and the relics of the Coast’s last great gold strike at Waiuta. Visit the former coal mining town of Denniston and view the spectacular incline. Discover the unspoilt rainforest and immense limestone arches of the Oparara Basin, north of Karamea. Enjoy the arty vibe and Pancake Rocks at Punakaiki, and the relaxed feel of Moana on the shores of Lake Brunner. Finish your journey on the TranzAlpine Train back to Christchurch.
Bike the Wild West Coast Trail - PureTrails NZ, 11a Langstone Lane, Northcote, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8052, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am - 6pm, 7 days
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch airport
- Proximity to town:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch city centre
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Optional bike hire $190; ebike hire $450, single supplement $300
- Further pricing information:
- Bookings will be confirmed and held on receipt of a deposit by PureTrails New Zealand. Payment in full must be received in full at least 60 days prior to departure.