1 / 5
Ever walked in a rain forest after the night has fallen? Our guided night walk will take you on a journey to the middle of our forest where hundreds of glow worms live above a waterfall.
Along the way, you will learn about the New Zealand plants and trees, listen to the birds of the night, and find out about the conservation work required to protect such a forest.
Once back from our walk, you will have the chance to sleep in a suspended tree tent in the midst of the forest where you can listen for the haunting calls of the kiwi and fall asleep to the sounds of the forest.
In the morning, wake up to the dawn chorus and enjoy the absence of the city noises.
Open between December and March.
Guided Night Walk and Tree Tent Stay, Trounson Park Rd., Kaihu, Northland, 0379, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 5pm - 11pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 100km to Whangarei Airport, 250km from Auckland International Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 50km from Dargaville bus station
- Proximity to town:
- 50km to Dargaville
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|Per night||$200.00 - $350.00|
- Further pricing information:
- must be booked at least 2 days in advance. Check-in time 5:00pm, check-out 10am. Participants must be in a reasonable good physical shape