1 / 6
Lessons and treks are supervised with an assistant accompanying each pony and horse. Children and adults , new to horse riding, receive basic instruction in our arena. They may then like to try a short trek on undulating terrain. For riders who have had some experience our hilltop, three-quarter hour, trek offers stunning views over the Te Horo district with views of the sea and Kapiti Island. Our farm also offers guests an opportunity to visit our peacocks, pet sheep, Flossie, and feed the two pet cows. We have many horses grazing on the property so guests can visit, pat and photograph them but are encouraged not to enter paddocks with the stock. As the farm was previously a dairy farm some farm fencing may be electric, if touched.
Te Horo Equestrian Centre, 737 State Highway One, Te Horo, Otaki, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- One hour to Wellington airport. One hour to Palmerston North airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Waikanae is 6 mins to the south
- Proximity to town:
- 7 kms to Otaki (north) and 7 kms to Waikanae (south)
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$25.00 - $90.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Maximum weight limit is 75 kilos otherwise no upper or lower age limits. Bookings essential by texting 0274 486764 to arrange day/time.