1 / 4
Taranaki is the North Island’s ‘nose’, a peninsula that juts out into the wild Tasman Sea. From its broad, flat plain, used mostly for dairy farming, the majestic volcanic cone of Mt. Taranaki rises to over 2500m. This little visited region is one to explore leisurely.
- Experience the dawn breaking on Mt Taranaki
- Travel the rural Forgotten World Highway
- Jet boat or kayak in the Manawatu Gorge
- Explore Taranaki’s gardens of national significance
- Explore Whanganui River and National Park
- Watch the breakers roll in off the Surf Highway 45
- Discover the region’s vivid history at a local museum
Start planning your own New Zealand adventure today! At Discover The World we pride ourselves on our ability to tailor make a holiday to suit you. Simply contact us, give one of our accredited Tourism New Zealand Kiwi specialists an idea of your travel dates, interests and budget, and we will do the rest.
¿Tienes una gran historia para contar? Agrega tu artículo