1. Drive New Zealand's most scenic highway from Queenstown to Glenorchy, it takes 45 minutes but allow time for lots of stops.
2. Stop along the way and take in the breathtaking views, a popular stop is Bennets Bluff.
3. Do a walk or tramp, it's nature at its best. There's Sam Summers hut just out of Queenstown, the Glenorchy lagoon walk or world renowed tramps such as Routeburn and Greenstone beyond Glenorchy.
4. Visit Lord the Rings locations, travel to Paradise. It's good to take a guided tour with Pure Glenorchy Lord of Rings Tours for an informative commentary with friendly local guides.
5. Feel the thrill of the Jet boat surrounded by stunning scenery with Dart River Jet.
6. Horse treks are another great way to take in the breath-taking back country with Dart Stables or High Country Horses.
7. Fly with Glenorchy Air to Milford Sound to see the mighty Mitre Peak and glacier carved valleys.
8. Fish for trout or salmon at the head of the lake or one of the rivers and enjoy peaceful surroundings.
9. Take a drive to the surrounding areas. You will go through native beech forest and can visit Greenstone valley, Paradise, Routeburn or Kinloch.
10. Dine in Glenorchy for wholesome food at G.Y.C cafe or Glenorchy pub.
Escrito: 11 artículos
Travel New Zealand’s most scenic highway, heading deep into Middle Earth, and visit the landscape that inspired Peter Jackson’s film locations for The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Local Kiwi guides complement this family operated business. Free Picnic.
¿Tienes una gran historia para contar? Agrega tu artículo