1 / 5
• Sail away in Milford Sound – a majestic chunk of wilderness carved by glaciers and cloaked in ancient forest. Waterfalls cascade down the sheer cliffs; the rocks below are home to seals and penguins; dolphins swim alongside boats. A cruise or sea kayaking trip is a must to soak up this truly magnificent scenery.
• Fly high in Northland – on a flying safari to Cape Reinga witness some of the most spectacular coastal scenery Northland has to offer: beautiful beaches with pure white silica sand and crystal clear water; picturesque harbours; famous Ninety Mile Beach and the breathtaking Bay of Islands. Only a window seat will do!
• Whale watch in Kaikoura – keep your eyes peeled year round for sperm whales, humpbacks, dusky dolphins and fur seals on a whale watching tour from Kaikoura, New Zealand’s foremost place to try your luck. So get up close and personal with these majestic sea creatures and become a certified cetacean spotter!
• Balsamic, buttery, lively, woody – a highlight for many is a guided vineyard tour, with that heady mixture of verdant scenery, fine food, and of course, wonderful wine tasting. Producing sensational Sauvignon Blancs and perfect Pinot Noirs, many of New Zealand’s wines are highly acclaimed. Time to tempt your taste buds in this wine lover’s paradise.
• Trail-blazing in Tongariro – hailed as one of the greatest one-day walks in the world, the 19km Tongariro Alpine Crossing certainly lives up to its reputation – vivid colours and astonishing textures against the imposing backdrop of three volcanic peaks. So lace up your hiking boots and savour your surroundings at an unhurried pace.
• Brace yourself in Taupo – specially designed to skim across shallow water, jet boats are not only thrilling, but they get you deep into wilderness – in this case a spectacular water level view of the powerful Huka Falls. A must-do trip for the adventurous, combining stunning scenery with exhilarating 360° spins! Anyone for a whirl on the water?
• Fantastic Fox Glacier – marvel at the mantle of pure white snow as you land on the Fox Glacier. Combine the thrill of a helicopter flight with the excitement of walking on this incredible natural phenomenon. Visit ice caves and other amazing formations below the upper ice fall. One of the coolest activities to do on the West Coast, literally!
• Kiwi watching on Stewart Island – tiptoe at midnight along surf-pummeled Ocean Beach guided by the vibrant glow of the Milky Way, and you might – just might – glimpse the nocturnal Stewart Island kiwi: a small, fuzzy ball with two legs and a long bill. One of life’s unforgettable and truly unique wildlife encounters!
• Flight of fancy in Queenstown – There’s more to Queenstown than non-stop adrenaline activities. For something really special rise above it all by flying in a helicopter to the top of the Remarkables Range and sipping champagne whilst gazing across Lake Wakatipu. What better way to feel on top of the world!
• Take a mud bath in Rotorua – not only gaze in wonder at gurgling mud pools, steaming silica terraces and spurting geysers, but treat yourself to the ultimate in skincare - relax in geothermal mud and mineral waters. Renowned for their invigorating properties, it’s a unique pampering sensation for your body, bliss!
Start planning your own adventure in New Zealand today. At Discover The World we pride ourselves on our ability to tailor make a holiday to suit you. If you would like us to adapt or create an itinerary to your personal requirements contact us and talk to one of our accredited Tourism New Zealand Kiwi specialists
¿Tienes una gran historia para contar? Agrega tu artículo