1 / 4
1. Hiking, take your day bag and get out on the beautiful tracks, so many beaches for you to stop at along the way for a picnic and a swim.
2. Take a cruise or water taxi into the park and see it all from the comfort of your boat. You can stop off at one of the beaches for a picnic and swim or walk a section of the park and re join your boat later on in the day for a ride home. Options from Nelson, Kaiteriteri and Marahau. Not to mention many places through the park itself. Also a great way to start or finish your walk.
3. View the Marine reserve and the beautiful seal colony
4. Venture a little further into the Marine Reseve with a Seal Swim. Your guide will suit you up in a wetsuit and wisk you into the park on a water taxi to start you adventure. All the gear is supplied and they can help arrange transport from Nelson for certain trips.
5. While your out in the park why not stay at one of the DOC huts along the track, or one of the many camp grounds. This is something that needs to be booked all year round.
6. Stay at one of the luxury Lodges in the Park. Wilsons Abel Tasman have two, Torrent Bay Lodge and Meadowbank Homestead - Awaroa. The Awaroa Lodge provides overnight accommodation and is also a popular spot to lunch at while on a day trip to the park.
7. You may also like to stay at the Aquapackers. A floating backpacker house boat at Anchorage. Here your linen, dinner and breakfast are included. They have dorm rooms and a couple of Twin or Double rooms available.
8. Kayaking is extreamly popular in the park. So many options, guided, freedom, day trips or overnighters, they really do have something for everyone.
9. There are several sailing option within the Abel Tasman, cruise the park in style and comfort. Overnight and multi day trips are available also.
10. You can also scuba dive in the Abel Tasman, there are several options for you from absoloute beginner to the advanced. You can also view the park from the air while flying a stunt plane with an instructor from U Fly Extreme, Pilot a Stunt Plane at Motueka Airport.