Right in the heart of Wellington is imposing Antrim House, a prominent landmark in what was once a predominantly residential central city street. It was built in 1905 as the home of successful businessman and founder of R Hannah & Co Ltd, Robert Hannah, his wife Hannah and their family.
Antrim House (named after the county of Hannah's birth) was his last home, had all the latest conveniences including gas, electric light and bathrooms. Though surrounded by high rise buildings, Antrim House still has its lawns and trees, an oasis of green in the city.
The house is now the headquarters of Heritage New Zealand. Open during normal office hours, access is generally limited to the main hallway and board room.
Antrim House, 63 Boulcott Street, Wellington Central, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Closed weekends, public holidays and 24 December-3 January
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- Situated in central Wellington
Precios y condiciones
- Más información sobre precios:
- Access to the public rooms at Antrim may be limited when in use for Heritage New Zealand activities.