1 / 6
Experience the pure essence of our maori culture and guiding legacy!
- A unique lifestyle for village residents amidst a geothermal environment of boiling mud, hot pools, hot lakes and geysers.
- A guiding legacy spanning over 200 years (guides born & raised in the village continue the legacy)
- Distinctive and rare fauna and flora
- Cultural performances (two per day)
- Traditional weaving methods and techniques
- Hangi Meals (food cooked in natural ground steam boxes)
- An “Earth Science Facility / Te Matapuna o Papatuanuku” that explains the science of our living geothermal village
- Bringing a cultural understanding of a proud people, willing to share their unique lifestyle and cultural heritage.
Rotorua is the heart of geothermal activity and a stronghold for Maori culture in New Zealand. Whakarewarewa the Living Thermal Village is a national icon offering you the traveler an opportunity to experience the pure essence of Maoridom.
The Tuhourangi/Ngati Wahiao people have shared their uniqueness with visitors from all around the world for over two hundred years. Since the early 1800’s they have been hosting and welcoming visitors into their homes and backyards, demonstrating the utilization of the natural geothermal wanders for cooking and bathing. Their geothermal existence continues to fascinate tourists visiting Whakarewarewa today.
The people of Tuhourangi/Ngati Wahiao have been the trail blazers of the tourism industry in Rotorua and NZ. It is our goal to continue the legacy and to follow in the footsteps of our ancestors.
Haben Sie eine tolle Story? Eigenen Artikel hinzufügen