1 / 3
Stunning sceneries, fun-filled activities and breath taking flora and fauna; every region has something interesting and beautiful to discover. Nelson situated in Tasman & Golden Bay is one of those regions which simply attracts and captures your mind and makes it travel into the world of peace and serenity. This post will help you in making itinerary if you are visiting this place anytime soon or will entice you to plan your vacation! Here are top 10 things which you can’t afford to miss in the Nelson region! Missing them would be just like not visiting Eiffel Tower on your trip to Paris!
1. Te Waikoropupu Springs: This place is also famous with the name of ‘Dancing Sands’ and is one of the largest freshwater springs in the entire southern hemisphere. Pure and crystal clear water displays the white sand of the lake’s bed and is home to native flora and fauna species
2. Anatoki Salmon Fishing: This café with a unique and interesting concept of catching your own fish and spending a day out with family; is like a perfect destination for all age groups. Beautiful lush green sight, clear blue sky and fresh mountain air at this place will soothly captivate your heart and mind'
3. Camping: Pristine paradise beaches of Golden bay filled with white and cool sand are just perfect for any day camping. Just base yourself under the canvas and enjoy this lone time with your near and dear ones.
4. Water sports: For those who love adventurous water sports, there are various multi-day kayaking trips and kite-surf and stand-up-paddling activities along with many other sports to make your trip memorable!
5. National Parks: Natural vegetation has blessed Nelson region and that is why Abel Tasman, Kahurangi and Nelson lakes are some of the national parks which can make your day.
6. Mountain biking: This might sound adventurous and dangerous but is great fun along the rivers and in hills around Nelson city. This is an altogether different experience as you go mapless and embrace the natural beauty.
7. Day Treks: You can also plan outdoor trekking in Nelson which allows you to appreciate best scenery, native birds and diverse landscapes. If you are the one who is always geared up to keep feet on exploration then the steep and rugged surface with stunning rivers and lakes are going to wow you with its beauty!
8. Wild Rivers rafting: The West Coast is known for its dramatic scenery, rainfall and rivers. This wild activity is certainly not for the faint-hearted.
9. Dancing Sands Distillery: this craft distillery produces high quality gin, vodka and rum and is one of the known distilleries in New Zealand. This distillery operates by hand; smell and taste and thus the finest ingredients create high quality and premium wine products. Taking a tour of this distillery is absolutely worth!
10. Farewell Spit Tours: With 35 km long stretch, this bird sanctuary has exotic and extraordinary species of birds! Native as well as migratory birds are a beautiful sight! Journey to spit tours is like an incredible journey through a nature lover’s paradise.
Catch a beautiful freshwater Salmon and have it prepared and ready to eat on the spot! Free use of fishing gear and no entry fee. Catch - Smoke - Feast!
Haben Sie eine tolle Story? Eigenen Artikel hinzufügen