1 / 2
1 / 8
Kiwi spotting departs after sunset. Terrain may include walking on sandy beaches, muddy tracks, native bush and some gradients in your search for a Stewart Island Brown Kiwi (Tokoeka) in its natural environment. It will be dark! Torch will be provided. Walking poles available. Tour duration 2-4 hours. Includes courtesy drop off to your accommodation afterwards because it will be late!
Full day birding begins with a morning guided walk on Ulva Island. See South Island Saddleback, Tomtit, Rifleman, Stewart Island Robin, Brown Creeper, Tui, Kaka, Fantail, NZ Pigeon, Yellow and Red-crowned Kakariki & more. At lunchtime join a seabird watching/pelagic boat for an afternoon of albatross, penguins, petrels, shearwaters, terns & more.
Birding Bonanza full day bird watching + evening kiwi spotting, BOOKING OFFICE: Stewart Island Gift Shop, 20 Main Road, Stewart Island *NOTE TOURS DEPART FROM GOLDEN BAY WHARF*, Oban, Stewart Island/rakiura, Southland, 9846, New Zealand.
- 8am to 8pm (summer) and 9am to 7pm (winter) by phone or our booking office is open September to April 10.30am to 5pm daily at The Stewart Island Gift Shop, 20 Main Road, Stewart Island
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Oct, Nov, Dec
Anlagen und Einrichtungen
- Nähe zum Flughafen:
- 650 metres to Stewart Island Flights depot on Elgin Terrace
- Nähe zum Busbahnhof
- not applicable
- Nähe zur Stadt:
- 900 metres Golden Bay Wharf from township
Preise und Bedingungen
- Weitere Preisangaben:
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel any part of the tour due if minimum numbers are not met or unsuitable sea/weather conditions. Birding Classic and Birding Bonanza excursions are NOT suitable for children.