From carpark, track crosses bridge, then follows easy grade to meet Upper Nihotupu Dam Road (10 minutes). Pedestrian access continues down easy graded road to Upper Nihotupu Dam, bypassing two waterfalls enroute. NB: Access to reservoir and shoreline prohibited.
What to expect:
Walking tracks will:
- Have easy to moderate grades with drained surfaces, generally consisting of a compacted and drained surfaces.
- Be well sign-posted with directional signs at track entrances and junctions and have safety signs where required.
Walking tracks may:
- Have steps on excessively steep areas.
- Have timber boardwalks and bridges over permanent wet areas and waterways.
- Have seats and maintained views at areas of interest.
Walking tracks should be suitable for people with reasonable fitness levels.
How to get to Arataki Visitor Centre
The visitor centre is at 300 Scenic Drive, 6km from Titirangi. From Auckland City, take State Highway 16 (north western motorway) and head west. Take Exit 2 onto Great North Road and follow signs to Titirangi. Drive through Titirangi Village and at the roundabout, take Scenic Drive. Continue 6km and the visitor centre is on the left.
Distance from Auckland CBD: 25 km
Sudahkah Anda punya kisah menarik untuk diceritakan? Tambahkan artikel Anda sendiri