Right in the heart of Wellington is imposing Antrim House, a prominent landmark in what was once a predominantly residential central city street. It was built in 1905 as the home of successful businessman and founder of R Hannah & Co Ltd, Robert Hannah, his wife Hannah and their family.
Antrim House (named after the county of Hannah's birth) was his last home, had all the latest conveniences including gas, electric light and bathrooms. Though surrounded by high rise buildings, Antrim House still has its lawns and trees, an oasis of green in the city.
The house is now the headquarters of Heritage New Zealand. Open during normal office hours, access is generally limited to the main hallway and board room.
Antrim House, 63 Boulcott Street, Wellington Central, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand.
- Jam kerja:
- 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Closed weekends, public holidays and 24 December-3 January
- Waktu operasional:
- Setiap bulan sepanjang tahun
Fasilitas dan Fitur
- Jarak ke kota:
- Situated in central Wellington
Harga dan Syarat
- Informasi harga lebih lanjut:
- Access to the public rooms at Antrim may be limited when in use for Heritage New Zealand activities.