1 / 6
The forest changes when the sun sets! This is when Kiwi come out to forage, giving you a chance to hear or even see wild Kiwi in their natural habitat. You may hear the evening chorus of Weka and the cry of the Ruru, a native owl. This is also when shy insects emerge from their shelters, like the large, primitive New Zealand weta. And glow-worms light up.
Our Night Walks are in a private Forest and Kiwi Conservation Area only 2.5 km from the historic village of Russell, in the beautiful Bay of Islands. This is one of the last habitats of two rare birds - kiwi and weka.
We specialise in small groups (maximum of 6). Walks last 2 hours and suit most fitness levels. Every ticket sold contributes to our Conservation Project.
Russell Nature Walks - Night Walk, 6080 Russell Whakapara Road, Russell, Northland, New Zealand.
- Jam kerja:
- Walks begin at Sunset (contact us to confirm the time)
- Waktu operasional:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Fasilitas dan Fitur
- Jarak ke bandara:
- 30km to Bay of Islands airport, Kerikeri
- Jarak ke terminal bus wisata:
- 10 minute ferry trip to Paihia
- Jarak ke kota:
- 2.5km from the centre of Russell village.
Harga dan Syarat
(16 tahun ke bawah)
- Batasan umur:
- Biaya-biaya lain:
- We can arrange transport for an additional charge.
- Informasi harga lebih lanjut:
- Family (2 adults + 2 Children): $150. 10% discount for bookings of 4 or more adults.