1 / 7
The Denniston Experience is a unique, interactive underground tour into an historic coal mine at Denniston, north of Westport.
Take a train ride along the spectacular Waimangaroa Gorge, over the 'Banbury Arches' and uphill into this 1880's coal mine.
Advanced audio and visuals simulate how an old mine ran. Have a go at your allocated mining job; shovelling coal, erecting pit props, hewing coal...
A ghostly hologram tells the harsh story of 'life on the hill'.
After the tour explore the Denniston Incline; an engineering marvel for it's time, taking coal 2000 feet from the plateau to the plains below. Loads of informative panels explain all aspects of this isolated place.
Limited seating so booking is required.
The Denniston Experience, Denniston Road, Denniston , Westport, West Coast, 7891, New Zealand.
- Jam kerja:
- Summer: Usually 9:30am to 5pm. Bookings Essential.
- Waktu operasional:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Fasilitas dan Fitur
- Jarak ke bandara:
- 40 minutes North of Westport Airport
- Jarak ke kota:
- 35 minutes North of Westport. Allow time to enjoy the view travelling up the twisting Denniston Hill.
Harga dan Syarat
|Dewasa||$45.00 - $100.00|
(14 tahun ke bawah)
|$20.00 - $50.00|
- Batasan umur:
- Biaya-biaya lain:
- Different pricing for the two tours plus discount for over 65 years
- Informasi harga lebih lanjut:
- Child rate applies to 5-9 then 10-15 year old. We are unable to take children under 5 underground. Please arrive at carpark 15 minutes prior to tour