1 / 13
The Kauri Museum recounts the history and the legacy of our ancient kauri forests, and the industries associated with the trees. In addition to preserving our past, the Museum plays a role in conserving the remaining trees, collaborating to “Save our Forests” by raising awareness of the spread of the Kauri Dieback disease, and promoting forest ecology.
Visitors to The Kauri Museum will experience
• Interactive, hands-on displays and life-like models
• The world’s largest kauri slab – measuring 22.5 metres in length
• Fossilised and swamp kauri, tens of thousands of years old
• A rare collection of polished kauri gum
• A working sawmill
• An exceptional gift store showcasing kauri timber, kauri gum and the crafts of the Kaipara region.
The Kauri Museum, 5 Church Road, RD 1, Matakohe, Northland, 0593, New Zealand.
- Jam kerja:
- Open Daily 9am to 5pm (closed Christmas Day)
- Waktu operasional:
- Setiap bulan sepanjang tahun
Fasilitas dan Fitur
- Jarak ke bandara:
- 1hr 10 minjutes to Whangarei
- Jarak ke kota:
- 1 hr south of Whangarei, 90 minutes north of Auckland, 40 minutes to Dargaville
Harga dan Syarat
(10 tahun ke bawah)
- Biaya-biaya lain:
- Child (age 5-15) $8; Family (2 adults & children) $55; Senior Citizens $21; Students (with current ID) $21; Group Rates - please contact the museum 09 431 7417