1 / 4
Winding its way past Mt Tongariro and Mt Ngauruhoe, this Great Walk lets you explore dramatic volcanic landscapes including craters, glacial valleys, native beech forest, alpine meadows and emerald-coloured lakes in this World Heritage area.
Great Walks facilities
Managed by the Department of Conservation (DOC), the tracks are well graded and easy to follow, with communal huts and campsites en route (booking is essential).
A reasonable level of fitness is required. Independent walkers are unguided, carry their own gear and cook their own meals.
Tongariro Northern Circuit Great Walk, DOC Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre, State Highway 48, Whakapapa Village, Ruapehu, New Zealand.
- Jam kerja:
- Tongariro Northern Circuit Great Walks season: late October to late April. Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre - Hours: 8:00am–5:00pm daily
- Waktu operasional:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Nov, Dec
Fasilitas dan Fitur
- Jarak ke bandara:
- Taupo airport is about 100km from Whakapapa Village
- Jarak ke terminal bus wisata:
- Road transport services between Auckland and Wellington stop at Whakapapa Village. There are bus and shuttle services to Taupo, Turangi, Ohakune, and National Park.
- Jarak ke kota:
- Access to the Tongariro Northern Circuit Track is from Whakapapa Village.
Harga dan Syarat
|Dewasa||$36.00 - $108.00|
- Biaya-biaya lain:
- Price includes self-catered accommodation in DOC huts (NZD36/adult/night). Track transfers are not included.