1 / 8
This is a vast, extensive collection – let us entertain you for a couple of hours or the whole day.
The 15,000 sqm space includes several of Bill’s own personal sheds, which have been transformed and opened to the public, along with a modern purpose-built facility. Bill spent decades restoring old trucks, and his family have carried on the baton, adding pieces reflecting their own areas of interest to form a truly mind-blowing collection. The love that has been poured into restoring and displaying the bits and pieces is evident as soon as you enter and see Bill’s personal favourite, his beloved Texaco petrol tanker.
After your visit browse our gift shop, or enjoy a bite to eat in on-site café The Grille.
Bill Richardson Transport World, 491 Tay Street, Hawthorndale, Invercargill, Southland, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Transport World 10am - 5pm; The Grille Cafe 7.30am - 5pm.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Transport World is a ten minute drive from the Invercargill Airport.
- Proximity to town:
- Transport World is a five minute drive from the Invercargill city centre.
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- NZ Students and Seniors 65+ $27.50, Under 5 free, Family pass (two adults and up to four children) $75
- Further pricing information:
- Entry is subject to Transport World terms and conditions. See www.transportworld.nz.