1 / 11
Journey through modern day Antarctica and experience a taste of this unique and breathtaking continent. Learn about the human impact on the continent, the wildlife and plant systems and Antarctica’s effect on the globe.
'Antarctica' the Snow and Ice experience is some really ‘cool’ fun with icy slides, a 'polar plunge' ice water challenge, a cave and an Antarctic storm! Get your adrenalin pumping with an exciting ride on the all-terrain, amphibious Hagglund and experience a magical simulated Antarctic Cruise in the 4D Extreme Theatre!
Step back in time to learn the stories of the Antarctic Explorers and their Huts, then there are the cute Little Blue Penguins. This place is full on, interactive & tactile Antarctic fun for everyone!
International Antarctic Centre, 38 Orchard Rd, Harewood - Christchurch Airport, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8053, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- directly across the road - a 5 min walk
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- There is a Regional coach Transport Hub at the airport across the road and public bus stop right outside on Orchard Road
- Proximity to town:
- 15min drive; Public Bus stops outside attraction; Free Penguin Express Bus from city to attraction every hour
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$45.00 - $59.00|
- Other charges:
- Fully inclusive ticket- General Admission. Optional Penguin Backstage Pass Tour