1 / 3
Kahiwi is a natural getaway retreat for 2, for the work team, the social team, or the family, with its natural and romantic ambience. Kahiwi is nestled by a stream with waterfall on the property, a 10 minute walk away. It is 15 mins to Tairua and Pauanui and 30 minutes to Whangamata beaches as well as being within easy driving distance of hot water beach and Cathedral Cove.
Watch the local eels, the wood pigeons on the lawn and the fantails at your feet, or dive into a waterfall. At the day's end look up at the milky way stars after a 'back to basics' experience nestled into a native forest. 4WD is best.
Kahiwi Survival Huts, 205 Hikuai School road, Hikuai, Tairua, Coromandel, New Zealand.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Internet (Public Use)
- Proximity to airport:
- Hamilton airport or Auckland airport would be 1 hour 45 approx.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- The Kiwi Experience bus goes past the corner, but local Coromandel transport is available to the Waitomo service station at the Pauanui corner.
- Proximity to town:
- 14 km to Pauanui and 12 km to Tairua
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|High season||Low season|
|(Sep - May)||(Jun - Aug)|
|Per night||$200.00 - $480.00||$160.00 - $200.00|
- Other charges:
- If you require cleaning services or linen please indicate as a $35 fee applies for cleaning and a per linen charge. Thank you.
- Further pricing information:
- Kahiwi is a natural reserve we wish to preserve. We wish clientele to take on board guardianship of such a property for future generations to also enjoy its ambience.