1 / 8
Seven free galleries showcase the fascinating and the unique, the biggest and the best. See the most comprehensive collection of articulated moa skeletons in Southern Land, Southern People or explore the treasures of early Māori in Tāngata Whenua.
Visit Tūhura, our stunning new science engagement development. The Tūhura Otago Community Trust Science Centre has over 45 hands-on interactives, including a giant DNA-inspired helical slide, and a three-tier tropical butterfly enclosure.
Your science centre admission ticket also provides access to the multi-screen, laser-activated, Beautiful Science gallery. You can also combine your science centre experience with a Perpetual Guardian Planetarium show with our special Tūhura combo deals.
Otago Museum, 419 Great King Street, Dunedin, Dunedin - Coastal Otago, 9016, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Monday - Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 30km via SH1 (30 minutes).
- Proximity to town:
- Located 5 blocks from the Octagon.
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Admission charge applies for Discovery World Tropical Forest
- Further pricing information:
- Entry to the Museum by donation. Guided tours available at a charge. Admission charge applies to Tūhura Otago Community Trust Science Centre and Perpetual Guardian Planetarium.