1 / 4
Your hosts Julie and Jonathan are keen hikers and bird enthusiasts with extensive knowledge of the local plants, birds and walks.
Enjoy panoramic views of the forests, glaciers and mountains of Westland National Park from your room. Our grounds and gardens are specially landscaped and planted with native trees to provide habitat to attract birds. Ribbonwood is situated in a quiet rural location surrounded in lush farmland. We provide off road parking and private access to your accommodation.
Ribbonwood is minutes from the Franz Josef village and 10 minutes from the glacier. Free high speed Wifi. At Ribbonwood we pride ourselves on our friendly personalised advice, catering for just a few guests because we want you t
Ribbonwood Retreat, 26 Greens Road, Franz Josef Glacier, West Coast, 7856, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 7 days during months of operation.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- BBQ Facility
- Children Welcome
- Disabled Access
- Internet (Public Use)
- Luggage Storage
- Room Service
- Safety Deposit Box at Reception
- Proximity to airport:
- One and a half hours to Hokitika Airport, 2 hours to Tranz Alpine train station
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Proximity to town:
- 5km from Franz Josef village, services, resturants and activities
Pricing and Conditions
|High season||Low season|
|(Dec - Apr)||(Apr - Dec)|
|Per night||$280.00 - $350.00||$250.00 - $320.00|
- Other charges:
- Please enquire as to our off season rates
- Further pricing information:
- Discounts available on application. Upstairs Waiho suite not suitable to small children due to balcony and stairs. Cottage suitable for all ages. The kitchen in the cottage has a microwave, toaster electric kettle, refrigerator, cutlery and crockery. Gas barbecue available for cooking on the deck. Restuarants in the Franz Josef village 5 kms away offer free pickup and drop off. service